Timber Frame - Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Busy!

We have been so busy. I feel like I have not had time to update the blog in the longest time. A lot has change since the last post. Alex has gone back home to London and will start classes soon in South Wales. We will miss him greatly and he was amazing in helping with the Timber Frame addition. He gave us a concert a few weeks ago of all the songs he had written both here and before he arrived. We made a amphitheater out of straw bales and he performed in the Timber Frame.

It was nice to have six people working on the site for a few weeks, which made thing go incredibly fast. Last week we started and completed the first layer of lime plaster, mixing several batches a day. Led by me, and thanks to help of BJ and some visitors, the crew managed to do a great job, with strikingly quick speed. I am the self proclaimed plaster guru of the crew.

I have started putting on the window frames I've been making. We have also done a few courses of light clay/straw.
This is the siding on the loft that we started putting up today. It is oak that was locally harvested and milled right here in Scotland County, Mo. We spent 2 days routing and finishing the boards to better waterproof them.
Here you see a batch of some experimental bricks that I have been making on weekends. I think they will be used somewhere in the house, but I don't know exactly where yet.
This is the view from the roof of the addition. The wild flowers are in full bloom right now. It is so beautiful.
Some flowers in front of Jennifer's front door.

Wild flowers on the path to the ultimate frisbee field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home